Tuesday 14 June 2016

Fairy tales

I lived my own fairy tale last week as my husband and I finally got to visit New York. What a fibrant beautiful place it is. It had been on our bucket list for a long time and I'm glad it lived up to our expectations. I was sure a visit to New York would inspire me and I've got some great short story ideas. (One will be a satire on the airline industry as I was not impressed by their practice of overbooking flights!) Needless to say, being in a city like that didn't give me much time for reading. I did manage to finish this very naughty fairy tale and rated it five stars.
Sleeping Beauty (Flirtatious Fairytales) (Volume 2) by Jess James

Hell has no fury but a woman scorned. A king finds this out to his cost as he casts aside a woman to marry another who is of royal blood. The scorned woman we know as Mistress M very patiently works on a plan to corrupt the Kings only daughter; a plan that takes nearly nineteen years until the innocent princess starts to blossom into adulthood. This is a wickedly funny and modern take on the fairy tale Sleeping Beauty. It is well written and sexy. I recommend this to anyone who likes their romance and fairy tales with a little more spice. Definitely not for children.

No comments:

Post a Comment