Sunday 26 February 2017

Amie Stolen Future (Volume 3) by Lucinda E Clarke

I reviewed the second book in the series a few weeks ago and I have to be honest and say that I enjoyed that one the most out of the three books. This is the last in the series unless the author is adding another one. The end is open. Overall a series worth reading and I give volume 3 'Amie stolen Future' four stars.
Amie Stolen Future (Volume 3) by Lucinda E Clarke

Amie stolen future is the 3rd and final instalment in this exciting adventure series which I enjoyed from the start. This book was a bit slower to start than the two previous instalments as Amie has to come to terms with rebuilding her life in Togodo after the tragic events at the end of book 2. She is unaware of the threat facing her at home as she gets on with things like hiring maids and sourcing household goods.  The newly appointed maid provides one of the best comedy moments, when Amie discovers the maid is ‘creative’ with the use of her spare time. Without giving too much away, events take an unexpected turn and we are back on familiar ground with Amie having to use her wits and ingenuity to survive. I didn’t find the James Bond style plot too plausible, but Lucinda Clarke writes in such an engaging style that I was willing to let a few things slide.  The end is open so I won’t be surprised if there will be another book in this series. (Any plans Ms Clarke?)

No comments:

Post a Comment