Sunday 22 September 2013

Giving it away!

This weekend I'm giving away my book for free in the hope of it getting reviews and promotion to a wider audience. Looking at the KDP reports the take up has been good and I'll be interested to see the results in coming weeks. I have been concentrating on the blogger community and it has already resulted in one blogger promoting it as a Saturday steal on her site:
http://andreareadsandreviews.blogspot.com
What I'm slowly finding out is that writing the first book was easy. I don't want to sound flippant as I know many struggle with getting a book out there, but I was lucky.
Most of the time it felt like Cameron my main character was walking along the beach front with me, pointing out tasty dogs, attractive yachts, or telling me his life story. The second book is proving harder and not only because I have less time to write. Cameron is proving to be a rebellious vampire, going off to places I don't want him to go, but he has to do his own thing. I did eventually convince him (forcefully) to go to Monaco, which I'm enjoying greatly but Cameron less so. I think we have now agreed on a direction and the book is reaching it's conclusion. Still a lot of work to do, but the beginning, middle and end are there. As I'm promoting the first book, I'm realizing the importance of getting a second one out there fast. I mean if they like your book, they want to read more!

No comments:

Post a Comment