Tuesday 2 June 2015

When Disconnected by Christine Vann

A writer never stops being a writer. Even though I'm currently on holiday in Italy, I'm managing to be very productive. I've so far read 1.5 books, done a review, wrote about 2000 words and got to grips with Twitter. I'm by no means a Twitter expert (or should that be a Twit) but I'm now getting retweets on my posts and collected an alarming number of followers. Some good has already come out of it as a very nice Italian chap (currently on holiday in France LOL) asked me to review his book and send me a free copy (Hopefully he'll do mine too) So without further ado here's Christine Vann's 5 star collection of shorts:

When Disconnected by Christine Vann


Disconnected is an excellent title for this collection of short stories, which has been written in a series of different genres. There is a common theme of alienation, but in an interesting variety of settings; A boy not quite fitting in at school, a girl trying to survive in an hostile environment or a woman looking for her cat in the wonderfully Gothic ‘Shill and Shadows’. The author has used a number of different genres like futurism, realism and quite dream like narrative, but they all feel like they belong together because of Ms. Vann’s atmospheric story telling. At times disconcerting and maybe a little scary, I was totally griped by the stories and read it in a few sessions. Highly recommended, if you like your stories a bit more challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment